MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin is confident that he wont stop at just one gold medal at the world short-track speedskating champion

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 20.03.2018 06:30

MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin is confident that he wont stop at just one gold medal at the world short-track speedskating championships. Kevin Hogan Jersey . Three weeks after winning gold in the 1,500 metres at the Sochi Olympics, Hamelin did it again Friday as he cruised to the win in the opening event at the Maurice Richard Arena. The 1,500 used to be the weakest event for the Ste-Julie, Que., skater, but now he seems to own the distance as he easily finished ahead of Han Tianyu of China and bronze medallist Park Se Yeong of South Korea. Earlier this week, the 29-year-old Hamelin announced that he will continue to skate at least four more years until the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea. "In the 1,500 metres, every time I go on the podium now it proves that the work Ive done in the last four years has really paid off," he said. "Its proof that Im improving year after year. "Thats a big part of why I wanted to continue for four more years. You can see Im still strong. After a big event like Sochi, I was able to come back and refocus on what I need to do here. Im ready." Now he hopes to avoid the bad luck that followed his Olympic gold. In Sochi, he inexplicably fell in the heats of both the 500 and 1,000-metre events, dashing his hopes of sweeping the individual distances. He said the world championships are different because, instead of waiting a day or two between skates like at the Olympics, he will be back on the track Saturday for the 500 metres and the mens relay heats and again on Sunday for the 1,000, the 3,000, and, he hopes, the relay final. "Momentum is a big part of it and right now, its on my side," he said. "I had a great race and I know Im strong in the 500 and 1,000 metres." Hamelins goal is to win the overall title, which goes to the skater who does best cumulatively in the individual events. He has come second for that honour twice, but has never won it. He said the first rule is to avoid a disqualification in any race. The large crowd of mostly school children in the stands was worried that might happen when, halfway through the race, Hamelin nearly crashed into a South Korean. He managed to stay upright and then pass Han on the final lap to claim the win. Race officials did not call a foul. "He passed me on the outside and came back really quickly in front of me," said Hamelin. "He was one or two centimetres from hitting my blades. "It could have been a disaster for me, but I was able to control myself and not push too hard or lose too much speed. For him, the race was kind of over. It was a scary moment in the race." Hamelins biggest rival in recent years, five-time overall world champion Victor An of Russia, formerly known as Ahn Hyun-Soo of South Korea, never mounted a challenge and finished fourth. An won three golds and a bronze in Sochi. Wu Dajing of China was fifth ahead of South Koreans Lee Han-Bin and Sin Da Woon. Olivier Jean of Lachenaie, Que., and Charle Cournoyer of Boucherville, Que., were eliminated in the semifinals. South Korea swept the podium in the womens 1,500. Shim Suk Hee finished first ahead of Kim Alang and Park Seung-Hi. Valerie Maltais of La Baie, Que., was caught at the finish line by Park and settled for fourth. Marianne St-Gelais lost in the semifinals while Marie-Eve Drolet was beaten in the heats and was classified 22nd. Jim Brown Jersey . -- Brendan Leipsic had two goals and an assist and Nicolas Petan extended his point streak to 11 games as the Portland Winterhawks slipped past the Red Deer Rebels 5-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action. Isaiah Crowell Jersey .9 million deal Thursday. The 25-year McGinn had 19 goals and 19 assists in 79 games last season in helping the Avalanche tie a franchise record with 52 wins. http://www.footballbrownsnflprostore.com/Youth-Myles-Garrett-Elite-Jersey/ . The CFL club is making the move after holding its camp and regular-season practices at the University of Toronto campus in Mississauga, Ont.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Michael Sam has been selected the winner of the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. The Missouri defensive end, who likely will be drafted by an NFL team this weekend, will receive the award given to individuals who transcend sports at The 2014 ESPYs on July 16. Sam, the SEC Defensive Player of the Year, has announced that he is gay, making him set to become the first openly gay player in the NFL. ESPN is honouring Sam for "his courage and honesty that resonates beyond sports." "Im very honoured to be presented with the Arthur Ashe award," he said. "It is about courage. "You know I dont think there is anything courageous I did. I look forward to when we can live life in a world when gays dont have to come out in public." Sam said he has received support from athletes in all sports, "from football to basketball to softball to soccer, everyone." "I am thrilled to be living in a time when you can be accepted for how you live." Sam joins a prestigious list of winners ranging from Jim Valvano, the first recipient in 1995, to Muhammad Ali, Billie Jean King, Cathy Freeman, Nellson Mandela and Pat Summitt. Ibraheim Campbell Jersey. The award, of course, is named for Ashe, the inspirational tennis star who died in 1993 after contracting AIDS from a blood transfusion. After learning he had the disease, Ashe campaigned to raise awareness about AIDS. "Arthur always believed in and practiced leading by example," said Ashes widow, Jeanne Moutoussamy-Ashe. "When Michael Sam announced that he is gay, he courageously stepped forward to engage an issue that still remains a pervasive problem in many professional sports. Michael has displayed true leadership both on and off the field." Sam is one of eight children from Hitchcock, Texas. Two of his siblings have died and one disappeared and has not been found. Maura Mandt, executive producer of the ESPYs, calls Sam a "humble guy who isnt looking for any accolades." "In deciding to give Michael this honour, while his courageous act of coming out is a part of it, the story is about the life he led growing up," Mandt added. "A man who has consistently lived his life with integrity, is never afraid of living this truth." China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

ORCHARD PARK, N. [url=http://www.teamusaolympicsshop.us/Olympics-John-Stockton-Usa-Jersey /]John Stockton USA Jersey[/url] .Y. -
Auburn Hills, MI (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.basketballpistonsauthority.com/isiah-thomas-pistons-jers ey-c-14/]Isiah Thomas J

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen